Sunday, December 9, 2012

CRAFTY LADY!!



These are the Christmas treats I'll be making but, both marshmallow pops will be mounted on candy cane/sticks.   Let me know if you'd like me show you the how to's?





I know to most of my blogettes (that's you) think of me as a foodie enthusiast.  But I've also taught craft classes for several years.  I'm an avid DIYer.






I have a passion for creating  But, unfortunately I have a huge handicap.  I can't sew (on a sewing machine)!  Yup, I was the one and only student who never signed up for sewing in Home Economics. 
After the typing class  mishap, (where I was advised to leave after a week of chicken pecking), I didn't want to have a repeat episode.








However...my lack of sewing skills has made me the fastest glue gun in the Pacific Northwest!

 


Now with Christmas upon us...I thought it was time to heat up our glue guns for craftin'!




Here's my inspiration!!
A fluff  of
sugary
 delight!!





Here's what you'll need for our first tut.
One can of insulation foam 
and.......


White Caulk.
 We'll be making a Christmas gift/decoration and also a way to package those coffee shop &  drive-thru restaurant  gift cards.


4 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

You are a true marvel, and I can't wait to see what you come up with, Sarah. That infpiration is adorable.

I just sent you an email, but I am soooooooooo excited. I'm heading back to St. Augustine with the ferris wheel because I can't wait to see how it looks. You are the sweetest one, and your blog is aptly named because the surprise was indeed a sweet one, Sara!

XO,

Sheila

Chatty Crone said...

You are an artistic genius, My favorite besides the beautiful tree were the cute marshmallows. sandie

wendy said...

Your creations are always spectacular.
I can't sew either...I have in the past, but it certainly was nothing to brag about.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.